A good customer service representative has good "ears"


Lately I switched to Comcast  Internet connection. I was getting slow connection. I called customer representative and explained my problem. To start with, customer rep tried to convince me that my slow speed was because of my plan. After I tried reasoning, he said it can be because of some network repair work. Lastly he told me that the problem was with modem. He said  Comcast would charge me if they had to send service rep. When I asked him why I need to pay, he told me to cancel the service if I was not happy with the service. I think he was trying to move on and not interested in understanding or solving the problem.

I took a chance and called Comcast customer service second time. It was a different person. First, this customer rep. tried to understand my problem. She asked me to do few steps with my browser settings to diagnose my problem. She was patient as I tweaked my settings and rebooted my customer. Finally she said that she would send a customer rep.

 
It was a big difference between the first and second customer rep. First one tried to convince me about his solution. Second one was patient and truly interested in solving my problem.  A good customer service rep. has good ears and truly listens to customers. They make or break company's reputation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learnt from Marathon Training ?

Summary of the book, "The wisdom of crowds"

Book Summary - "Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard"